- Late Night Antics May 16
On Thursday night's Tonight Show, Jennifer Lawrence and Jimmy Fallon played a game called Box of Lies, in which each player opens a box and either tells the other player what's really inside it or makes something up. Unlike most of Fallon's celebrity square-offs, which primarily involve tabletop ball games, Box of Lies tests acting ability — of a sort. Fallon had the benefit of having played before — "If that's not the truth, you're a sociopath," Lawrence told him during his turn — but Lawrence is, after all, a professional actor. Advantage? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week