- Late Night Antics May 16
On Thursday night's Tonight Show, Jennifer Lawrence and Jimmy Fallon played a game called Box of Lies, in which each player opens a box and either tells the other player what's really inside it or makes something up. Unlike most of Fallon's celebrity square-offs, which primarily involve tabletop ball games, Box of Lies tests acting ability — of a sort. Fallon had the benefit of having played before — "If that's not the truth, you're a sociopath," Lawrence told him during his turn — but Lawrence is, after all, a professional actor. Advantage? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
Subscribe to the Week