- Late Night Antics May 16
On Thursday night's Tonight Show, Jennifer Lawrence and Jimmy Fallon played a game called Box of Lies, in which each player opens a box and either tells the other player what's really inside it or makes something up. Unlike most of Fallon's celebrity square-offs, which primarily involve tabletop ball games, Box of Lies tests acting ability — of a sort. Fallon had the benefit of having played before — "If that's not the truth, you're a sociopath," Lawrence told him during his turn — but Lawrence is, after all, a professional actor. Advantage? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week