- taxi from heil May 16
A New York City cab driver who thought it was a brilliant idea to wear an armband emblazoned with a Nazi swastika on the job has been suspended. The Taxi and Limousine Commission was alerted of the incident after a tipster sent a photo of the driver to the Anti-Defamation League, who then passed it on to the Commission.
The driver, whose identity hasn't been released, was suspended for 30 days after admitting to wearing the armband. In a statement, the ADL applauded the Commission's actions, saying the driver sent a "frightening and offensive message" to passengers.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week