- taxi from heil May 16
A New York City cab driver who thought it was a brilliant idea to wear an armband emblazoned with a Nazi swastika on the job has been suspended. The Taxi and Limousine Commission was alerted of the incident after a tipster sent a photo of the driver to the Anti-Defamation League, who then passed it on to the Commission.
The driver, whose identity hasn't been released, was suspended for 30 days after admitting to wearing the armband. In a statement, the ADL applauded the Commission's actions, saying the driver sent a "frightening and offensive message" to passengers.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
Subscribe to the Week