- taxi from heil May 16
A New York City cab driver who thought it was a brilliant idea to wear an armband emblazoned with a Nazi swastika on the job has been suspended. The Taxi and Limousine Commission was alerted of the incident after a tipster sent a photo of the driver to the Anti-Defamation League, who then passed it on to the Commission.
The driver, whose identity hasn't been released, was suspended for 30 days after admitting to wearing the armband. In a statement, the ADL applauded the Commission's actions, saying the driver sent a "frightening and offensive message" to passengers.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
Subscribe to the Week