- taxi from heil May 16
A New York City cab driver who thought it was a brilliant idea to wear an armband emblazoned with a Nazi swastika on the job has been suspended. The Taxi and Limousine Commission was alerted of the incident after a tipster sent a photo of the driver to the Anti-Defamation League, who then passed it on to the Commission.
The driver, whose identity hasn't been released, was suspended for 30 days after admitting to wearing the armband. In a statement, the ADL applauded the Commission's actions, saying the driver sent a "frightening and offensive message" to passengers.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
Subscribe to the Week