- taxi from heil May 16
A New York City cab driver who thought it was a brilliant idea to wear an armband emblazoned with a Nazi swastika on the job has been suspended. The Taxi and Limousine Commission was alerted of the incident after a tipster sent a photo of the driver to the Anti-Defamation League, who then passed it on to the Commission.
The driver, whose identity hasn't been released, was suspended for 30 days after admitting to wearing the armband. In a statement, the ADL applauded the Commission's actions, saying the driver sent a "frightening and offensive message" to passengers.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 18, 2014
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week