- Watch this May 16
Alex Trebek has hinted that he might step down as Jeopardy! host when his contract expires in 2016 — but whatever his future plans, they probably don't include a rap career. When "The 1990s Rap Song" came up as a category during Jeopardy!'s ongoing "Battle of the Decades," Trebek was forced to let his inner M.C. out, and the results aren't likely to score him a record contract.
"'And the lights are blinkin', I'm thinkin' it's all over when I go out drinkin'…' insane in this," raps Trebek, poorly (but coherently enough that the contestant gets the right answer anyway). It goes on from there, but the real embarrassment comes at the end, when all three contestants fail to buzz in to complete the lyric "'I can't stand it, I know you planned it... Listen all ya'll, it's a' this."
Listen up 'cause you can't say nothin', indeed. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week