- Watch this May 16
Alex Trebek has hinted that he might step down as Jeopardy! host when his contract expires in 2016 — but whatever his future plans, they probably don't include a rap career. When "The 1990s Rap Song" came up as a category during Jeopardy!'s ongoing "Battle of the Decades," Trebek was forced to let his inner M.C. out, and the results aren't likely to score him a record contract.
"'And the lights are blinkin', I'm thinkin' it's all over when I go out drinkin'…' insane in this," raps Trebek, poorly (but coherently enough that the contestant gets the right answer anyway). It goes on from there, but the real embarrassment comes at the end, when all three contestants fail to buzz in to complete the lyric "'I can't stand it, I know you planned it... Listen all ya'll, it's a' this."
Listen up 'cause you can't say nothin', indeed. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week