- Watch this May 16
Alex Trebek has hinted that he might step down as Jeopardy! host when his contract expires in 2016 — but whatever his future plans, they probably don't include a rap career. When "The 1990s Rap Song" came up as a category during Jeopardy!'s ongoing "Battle of the Decades," Trebek was forced to let his inner M.C. out, and the results aren't likely to score him a record contract.
"'And the lights are blinkin', I'm thinkin' it's all over when I go out drinkin'…' insane in this," raps Trebek, poorly (but coherently enough that the contestant gets the right answer anyway). It goes on from there, but the real embarrassment comes at the end, when all three contestants fail to buzz in to complete the lyric "'I can't stand it, I know you planned it... Listen all ya'll, it's a' this."
Listen up 'cause you can't say nothin', indeed. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
Subscribe to the Week