- Whoa May 18
A city bus in Newton, Massachusetts, wound up dangerously suspended above a highway Sunday after leaping a curb and smashing through a guardrail. From The Boston Globe:
Eight people were injured, including the driver, and the Massachusetts Turnpike was temporarily closed off beneath the bridge as a precaution. Emergency response crews needed two trucks to remove the bus — one to hoist the front while the other pulled it back off the ledge. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The girl who wouldn't die
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- California's epic drought
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week