- Whoa May 18
A city bus in Newton, Massachusetts, wound up dangerously suspended above a highway Sunday after leaping a curb and smashing through a guardrail. From The Boston Globe:
Eight people were injured, including the driver, and the Massachusetts Turnpike was temporarily closed off beneath the bridge as a precaution. Emergency response crews needed two trucks to remove the bus — one to hoist the front while the other pulled it back off the ledge. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
Subscribe to the Week