- Whoa May 18
A city bus in Newton, Massachusetts, wound up dangerously suspended above a highway Sunday after leaping a curb and smashing through a guardrail. From The Boston Globe:
Eight people were injured, including the driver, and the Massachusetts Turnpike was temporarily closed off beneath the bridge as a precaution. Emergency response crews needed two trucks to remove the bus — one to hoist the front while the other pulled it back off the ledge. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week