- Whoa May 18
A city bus in Newton, Massachusetts, wound up dangerously suspended above a highway Sunday after leaping a curb and smashing through a guardrail. From The Boston Globe:
Eight people were injured, including the driver, and the Massachusetts Turnpike was temporarily closed off beneath the bridge as a precaution. Emergency response crews needed two trucks to remove the bus — one to hoist the front while the other pulled it back off the ledge. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week