- Well played May 18
A young boy at Saturday night's Rangers-Blue Jays game in Texas caught a foul ball, and then tried to catch the attention of the girls seated behind him. The way he tried to do so, though, involved an amazing bit of trickery.
After catching a ball tossed to him by the Blue Jays' third base coach, the kid turned to the group of girls behind him and, as if passing along his new prize, forked over a separate ball instead. There's no word on where that other ball came from. Maybe he caught it during batting practice, or nabbed it earlier in the game? But in any event, his little sleight of hand sure impressed the girls, and the announcers. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- When it comes to ISIS, our Congress is full of cowards
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- How I became a borderline hoarder
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
Subscribe to the Week