- Well played May 18
A young boy at Saturday night's Rangers-Blue Jays game in Texas caught a foul ball, and then tried to catch the attention of the girls seated behind him. The way he tried to do so, though, involved an amazing bit of trickery.
After catching a ball tossed to him by the Blue Jays' third base coach, the kid turned to the group of girls behind him and, as if passing along his new prize, forked over a separate ball instead. There's no word on where that other ball came from. Maybe he caught it during batting practice, or nabbed it earlier in the game? But in any event, his little sleight of hand sure impressed the girls, and the announcers. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week