- Well played May 18
A young boy at Saturday night's Rangers-Blue Jays game in Texas caught a foul ball, and then tried to catch the attention of the girls seated behind him. The way he tried to do so, though, involved an amazing bit of trickery.
After catching a ball tossed to him by the Blue Jays' third base coach, the kid turned to the group of girls behind him and, as if passing along his new prize, forked over a separate ball instead. There's no word on where that other ball came from. Maybe he caught it during batting practice, or nabbed it earlier in the game? But in any event, his little sleight of hand sure impressed the girls, and the announcers. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The fascinating origin story of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Subscribe to the Week