- Well played May 18
A young boy at Saturday night's Rangers-Blue Jays game in Texas caught a foul ball, and then tried to catch the attention of the girls seated behind him. The way he tried to do so, though, involved an amazing bit of trickery.
After catching a ball tossed to him by the Blue Jays' third base coach, the kid turned to the group of girls behind him and, as if passing along his new prize, forked over a separate ball instead. There's no word on where that other ball came from. Maybe he caught it during batting practice, or nabbed it earlier in the game? But in any event, his little sleight of hand sure impressed the girls, and the announcers. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week