- Well played May 18
A young boy at Saturday night's Rangers-Blue Jays game in Texas caught a foul ball, and then tried to catch the attention of the girls seated behind him. The way he tried to do so, though, involved an amazing bit of trickery.
After catching a ball tossed to him by the Blue Jays' third base coach, the kid turned to the group of girls behind him and, as if passing along his new prize, forked over a separate ball instead. There's no word on where that other ball came from. Maybe he caught it during batting practice, or nabbed it earlier in the game? But in any event, his little sleight of hand sure impressed the girls, and the announcers. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week