- $$$$$ May 18
The Happiest Place on Earth might soon become the Most Expensive Place on Earth. At midnight Saturday, Walt Disney Co. raised the price of a one-day ticket to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure 4 percent, bringing the cost of entry up from $92 to $96.
The increase was done without notice, and comes less than a year after the last price hike. The cost of parking also rose from $16 to $17. The Los Angeles Times reports that theme park experts are curious how guests will react once ticket prices reach three digits, which could happen if the next ticket increase is also 4 percent.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week