- $$$$$ May 18
The Happiest Place on Earth might soon become the Most Expensive Place on Earth. At midnight Saturday, Walt Disney Co. raised the price of a one-day ticket to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure 4 percent, bringing the cost of entry up from $92 to $96.
The increase was done without notice, and comes less than a year after the last price hike. The cost of parking also rose from $16 to $17. The Los Angeles Times reports that theme park experts are curious how guests will react once ticket prices reach three digits, which could happen if the next ticket increase is also 4 percent.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 10 things you need to know today: August 31, 2014
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week