- $$$$$ May 18
The Happiest Place on Earth might soon become the Most Expensive Place on Earth. At midnight Saturday, Walt Disney Co. raised the price of a one-day ticket to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure 4 percent, bringing the cost of entry up from $92 to $96.
The increase was done without notice, and comes less than a year after the last price hike. The cost of parking also rose from $16 to $17. The Los Angeles Times reports that theme park experts are curious how guests will react once ticket prices reach three digits, which could happen if the next ticket increase is also 4 percent.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
Subscribe to the Week