- $$$$$ May 18
The Happiest Place on Earth might soon become the Most Expensive Place on Earth. At midnight Saturday, Walt Disney Co. raised the price of a one-day ticket to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure 4 percent, bringing the cost of entry up from $92 to $96.
The increase was done without notice, and comes less than a year after the last price hike. The cost of parking also rose from $16 to $17. The Los Angeles Times reports that theme park experts are curious how guests will react once ticket prices reach three digits, which could happen if the next ticket increase is also 4 percent.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week