- Really? May 19
Diehard conspiracy theorists are planning to confront visitors to the new 9/11 memorial in New York City with their alternate take on the terror attack, according to The Village Voice. Their plan: to gaslight visitors with fake brochures.
When the museum opens to the public on Wednesday, volunteers for the group Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth will distribute the mock brochures in hopes of convincing people the site is an "elaborate, taxpayer-funded, public relations campaign to forever cement the fantastic claims of the official conspiracy theory into the history books." Stylistically, the brochures are almost identical to the official ones the museum will distribute, but with some notable changes. Take a look. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Interview: Key & Peele explain how they created 'Substitute Teacher'
Subscribe to the Week