- Really? May 19
Diehard conspiracy theorists are planning to confront visitors to the new 9/11 memorial in New York City with their alternate take on the terror attack, according to The Village Voice. Their plan: to gaslight visitors with fake brochures.
When the museum opens to the public on Wednesday, volunteers for the group Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth will distribute the mock brochures in hopes of convincing people the site is an "elaborate, taxpayer-funded, public relations campaign to forever cement the fantastic claims of the official conspiracy theory into the history books." Stylistically, the brochures are almost identical to the official ones the museum will distribute, but with some notable changes. Take a look. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week