- Really? May 19
Diehard conspiracy theorists are planning to confront visitors to the new 9/11 memorial in New York City with their alternate take on the terror attack, according to The Village Voice. Their plan: to gaslight visitors with fake brochures.
When the museum opens to the public on Wednesday, volunteers for the group Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth will distribute the mock brochures in hopes of convincing people the site is an "elaborate, taxpayer-funded, public relations campaign to forever cement the fantastic claims of the official conspiracy theory into the history books." Stylistically, the brochures are almost identical to the official ones the museum will distribute, but with some notable changes. Take a look. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week