- Really? May 19
Diehard conspiracy theorists are planning to confront visitors to the new 9/11 memorial in New York City with their alternate take on the terror attack, according to The Village Voice. Their plan: to gaslight visitors with fake brochures.
When the museum opens to the public on Wednesday, volunteers for the group Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth will distribute the mock brochures in hopes of convincing people the site is an "elaborate, taxpayer-funded, public relations campaign to forever cement the fantastic claims of the official conspiracy theory into the history books." Stylistically, the brochures are almost identical to the official ones the museum will distribute, but with some notable changes. Take a look. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How I lost all my money
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The best books we read in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week