- this is a reasonable request May 19
Anton Purisima is one ambitious man. The New Yorker filed a lawsuit against the city, several businesses, and thousands of residents for $2 undecillion (that's a two with 36 zeroes) for every reason he could ever think of. If that sounds like a lot of money to you, it is because it's more money than exists on planet Earth.
His handwritten, 22-page lawsuit accuses the defendants of everything but the kitchen sink, including attempted murder and civil rights violations. New York's PIX 11 News said the lawsuit centers around a "rabies-infected" dog that bit off his middle finger. The 62-year-old also accused a "Chinese couple" of taking pictures of him while he was being treated.
Purisima's wrath didn't stop there, though: He's also suing the LaGuardia Airport authority (for overcharging him for coffee), Hoboken University, the MTA, and "thousands" of other people for various reasons. This the Purisima's 20th lawsuit since 2004.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 10 things you need to know today: September 18, 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week