- Biden'd May 19
Sadly, we won't get to see Vice President Joe Biden slow dance anytime soon. Biden turned down a Connecticut high-schooler's prom invitation last week, saying that while he was "flattered," he was too booked to attend.
Still, he sent along a corsage and a nice handwritten note telling the teen to "enjoy your prom as much as I did mine."
So why did 17-year-old Talia Maselli want to invite the VP in the first place? "Joe Biden makes me laugh," she told the Hartford Courant. "He just cracks me up."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- For the last time: Congress is not exempt from ObamaCare
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week