- Biden'd May 19
Sadly, we won't get to see Vice President Joe Biden slow dance anytime soon. Biden turned down a Connecticut high-schooler's prom invitation last week, saying that while he was "flattered," he was too booked to attend.
Still, he sent along a corsage and a nice handwritten note telling the teen to "enjoy your prom as much as I did mine."
So why did 17-year-old Talia Maselli want to invite the VP in the first place? "Joe Biden makes me laugh," she told the Hartford Courant. "He just cracks me up."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week