- Biden'd May 19
Sadly, we won't get to see Vice President Joe Biden slow dance anytime soon. Biden turned down a Connecticut high-schooler's prom invitation last week, saying that while he was "flattered," he was too booked to attend.
Still, he sent along a corsage and a nice handwritten note telling the teen to "enjoy your prom as much as I did mine."
So why did 17-year-old Talia Maselli want to invite the VP in the first place? "Joe Biden makes me laugh," she told the Hartford Courant. "He just cracks me up."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week