- Biden'd May 19
Sadly, we won't get to see Vice President Joe Biden slow dance anytime soon. Biden turned down a Connecticut high-schooler's prom invitation last week, saying that while he was "flattered," he was too booked to attend.
Still, he sent along a corsage and a nice handwritten note telling the teen to "enjoy your prom as much as I did mine."
So why did 17-year-old Talia Maselli want to invite the VP in the first place? "Joe Biden makes me laugh," she told the Hartford Courant. "He just cracks me up."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week