- Biden'd May 19
Sadly, we won't get to see Vice President Joe Biden slow dance anytime soon. Biden turned down a Connecticut high-schooler's prom invitation last week, saying that while he was "flattered," he was too booked to attend.
Still, he sent along a corsage and a nice handwritten note telling the teen to "enjoy your prom as much as I did mine."
So why did 17-year-old Talia Maselli want to invite the VP in the first place? "Joe Biden makes me laugh," she told the Hartford Courant. "He just cracks me up."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
Subscribe to the Week