- Pot politics May 19
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) declined to tell Yahoo News whether he had ever smoked marijuana in an interview published Monday, saying there was no right answer.
"If you say that you did, then suddenly there are people out there saying, 'Well, it's not a big deal,'" he said. "On the other side of it is if you tell people that you didn't, they won't believe you."
And, he added, he didn't want anyone to use him as an excuse to smoke pot because, "I think there's no responsible way to recreationally use marijuana."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week