- Pot politics May 19
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) declined to tell Yahoo News whether he had ever smoked marijuana in an interview published Monday, saying there was no right answer.
"If you say that you did, then suddenly there are people out there saying, 'Well, it's not a big deal,'" he said. "On the other side of it is if you tell people that you didn't, they won't believe you."
And, he added, he didn't want anyone to use him as an excuse to smoke pot because, "I think there's no responsible way to recreationally use marijuana."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
Subscribe to the Week