- Your daily cry May 19
Five-year-old Brayden Denton received a funeral fit for a superhero. Earlier this month, the Indiana boy lost his battle to an aggressive form of brain cancer. His friends and family banded together to send him off in a way they thought he'd love. "Really he liked every superhero," his mother said.
Batman, the Hulk, Superman, Spider-Man, Iron Man — every pallbearer donned a hero's costume. Brayden's mother said this is exactly what her son would have wanted. See the heartbreaking pictures below. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
Subscribe to the Week