- Your daily cry May 19
Five-year-old Brayden Denton received a funeral fit for a superhero. Earlier this month, the Indiana boy lost his battle to an aggressive form of brain cancer. His friends and family banded together to send him off in a way they thought he'd love. "Really he liked every superhero," his mother said.
Batman, the Hulk, Superman, Spider-Man, Iron Man — every pallbearer donned a hero's costume. Brayden's mother said this is exactly what her son would have wanted. See the heartbreaking pictures below. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Paul Allen's 'bitter' Bill-Gates-bashing memoir
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
Subscribe to the Week