- Your daily cry May 19
Five-year-old Brayden Denton received a funeral fit for a superhero. Earlier this month, the Indiana boy lost his battle to an aggressive form of brain cancer. His friends and family banded together to send him off in a way they thought he'd love. "Really he liked every superhero," his mother said.
Batman, the Hulk, Superman, Spider-Man, Iron Man — every pallbearer donned a hero's costume. Brayden's mother said this is exactly what her son would have wanted. See the heartbreaking pictures below. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
Subscribe to the Week