- Your daily cry May 19
Five-year-old Brayden Denton received a funeral fit for a superhero. Earlier this month, the Indiana boy lost his battle to an aggressive form of brain cancer. His friends and family banded together to send him off in a way they thought he'd love. "Really he liked every superhero," his mother said.
Batman, the Hulk, Superman, Spider-Man, Iron Man — every pallbearer donned a hero's costume. Brayden's mother said this is exactly what her son would have wanted. See the heartbreaking pictures below. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week