- Your daily cry May 19
Five-year-old Brayden Denton received a funeral fit for a superhero. Earlier this month, the Indiana boy lost his battle to an aggressive form of brain cancer. His friends and family banded together to send him off in a way they thought he'd love. "Really he liked every superhero," his mother said.
Batman, the Hulk, Superman, Spider-Man, Iron Man — every pallbearer donned a hero's costume. Brayden's mother said this is exactly what her son would have wanted. See the heartbreaking pictures below. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week