- fast food nation May 19
Burger King is now serving up self-esteem boosts alongside Whoppers.
The company is ditching its previous tagline, "Have it Your Way," for "Be Your Way," saying in a statement that it "reminds people that no matter who they are, they can order how they want in Burger King restaurants and that they can and should live how they want anytime. It's OK to not be perfect. Self-expression is most important and it's our differences that make us individuals instead of robots." That's a lot of explanation for three words.
Why the change? According to AdAge, Fernando Machado, Burger King's senior VP for global brand marketing, said that the burger giant is attempting "to elevate 'Have it Your Way' to a state that's much more emotional and centered around self-expression." Advertisements using the new slogan began airing in the U.S. on Monday night.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Stop freaking out over the West's jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week