- fast food nation May 19
Burger King is now serving up self-esteem boosts alongside Whoppers.
The company is ditching its previous tagline, "Have it Your Way," for "Be Your Way," saying in a statement that it "reminds people that no matter who they are, they can order how they want in Burger King restaurants and that they can and should live how they want anytime. It's OK to not be perfect. Self-expression is most important and it's our differences that make us individuals instead of robots." That's a lot of explanation for three words.
Why the change? According to AdAge, Fernando Machado, Burger King's senior VP for global brand marketing, said that the burger giant is attempting "to elevate 'Have it Your Way' to a state that's much more emotional and centered around self-expression." Advertisements using the new slogan began airing in the U.S. on Monday night.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
Subscribe to the Week