- Watch this May 20
He had nowhere to go but 30 feet below. New dash cam video released Monday shows a Texas cop jumping off a bridge just seconds before a screeching car driven by an allegedly drunk driver would have plowed into him. Officer Kenneth Lewis was in the middle of a routine stop Friday when the vehicle careened toward him.
Although he avoided the car and survived the jump, KHOU-TV reports that Lewis suffered from a partially ruptured aorta and a fractured pelvis. He is in stable condition and recovering. Watch the terrifying video below. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
Subscribe to the Week