- Watch this May 20
He had nowhere to go but 30 feet below. New dash cam video released Monday shows a Texas cop jumping off a bridge just seconds before a screeching car driven by an allegedly drunk driver would have plowed into him. Officer Kenneth Lewis was in the middle of a routine stop Friday when the vehicle careened toward him.
Although he avoided the car and survived the jump, KHOU-TV reports that Lewis suffered from a partially ruptured aorta and a fractured pelvis. He is in stable condition and recovering. Watch the terrifying video below. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week