- Watch this May 20
He had nowhere to go but 30 feet below. New dash cam video released Monday shows a Texas cop jumping off a bridge just seconds before a screeching car driven by an allegedly drunk driver would have plowed into him. Officer Kenneth Lewis was in the middle of a routine stop Friday when the vehicle careened toward him.
Although he avoided the car and survived the jump, KHOU-TV reports that Lewis suffered from a partially ruptured aorta and a fractured pelvis. He is in stable condition and recovering. Watch the terrifying video below. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week