- Watch this May 20
He had nowhere to go but 30 feet below. New dash cam video released Monday shows a Texas cop jumping off a bridge just seconds before a screeching car driven by an allegedly drunk driver would have plowed into him. Officer Kenneth Lewis was in the middle of a routine stop Friday when the vehicle careened toward him.
Although he avoided the car and survived the jump, KHOU-TV reports that Lewis suffered from a partially ruptured aorta and a fractured pelvis. He is in stable condition and recovering. Watch the terrifying video below. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week