- Watch this May 20
He had nowhere to go but 30 feet below. New dash cam video released Monday shows a Texas cop jumping off a bridge just seconds before a screeching car driven by an allegedly drunk driver would have plowed into him. Officer Kenneth Lewis was in the middle of a routine stop Friday when the vehicle careened toward him.
Although he avoided the car and survived the jump, KHOU-TV reports that Lewis suffered from a partially ruptured aorta and a fractured pelvis. He is in stable condition and recovering. Watch the terrifying video below. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
Subscribe to the Week