- kill it with fire May 20
Because a clown with a blood-red smile wasn't nightmarish enough, McDonald's has unveiled a new mascot: Happy, a sentient Happy Meal box with dead, unblinking eyes and a disturbingly lifelike set of human teeth.
Happy's introduction comes alongside McDonald's debut of Go-Gurt as a Happy Meal side. The new mascot will serve as a "brand ambassador" to promote healthy nutrition for kids — if only by terrifying them into making better choices.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- How Obama inadvertently made an Israeli war with Iran all but inevitable
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
Subscribe to the Week