- kill it with fire May 20
Because a clown with a blood-red smile wasn't nightmarish enough, McDonald's has unveiled a new mascot: Happy, a sentient Happy Meal box with dead, unblinking eyes and a disturbingly lifelike set of human teeth.
Happy's introduction comes alongside McDonald's debut of Go-Gurt as a Happy Meal side. The new mascot will serve as a "brand ambassador" to promote healthy nutrition for kids — if only by terrifying them into making better choices.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week