- kill it with fire May 20
Because a clown with a blood-red smile wasn't nightmarish enough, McDonald's has unveiled a new mascot: Happy, a sentient Happy Meal box with dead, unblinking eyes and a disturbingly lifelike set of human teeth.
Happy's introduction comes alongside McDonald's debut of Go-Gurt as a Happy Meal side. The new mascot will serve as a "brand ambassador" to promote healthy nutrition for kids — if only by terrifying them into making better choices.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week