- Hold your fire May 20
Chipotle has kindly asked that patrons use their hands only to stuff burritos and chips and guac in their mouths — and not to wave firearms around inside their stores. The fast food chain said Monday that a recent "open carry" demonstration — in which pro-gun activists go to public places while brandishing assault weapons and the like — prompted it to make the policy announcement.
The demonstration caused "many of our customers anxiety and discomfort," Chipotle said in a statement, adding that "because of this, we are respectfully asking that customers not bring guns into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel."
So from now on, the only guns allowed in Chipotle restaurants will be those tucked in Texas Pete's holsters.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why Halbig and the conservative war on ObamaCare will fail
Subscribe to the Week