- I'd like to buy an "oh" May 20
Hollywood celebrities often use their platforms to discuss the political issues they care about — but what about the marginal celebrities that haunt daytime television? Last night, Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajak took to Twitter to say that anyone who believes in global warming is an unpatriotic racist:
I now believe global warming alarmists are unpatriotic racists knowingly misleading for their own ends. Good night.— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) May 20, 2014
Harsh words — but this isn't the first time Sajak has used his Twitter feed to mock those who believe in climate change:
The world would be such a wonderful place without human beings. Just animals breathing clean air & eating each other.— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) May 12, 2014
Very hot weather: "We're all going to die!" Very cold weather: "There's a difference between climate & weather, moron!"— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) May 11, 2014
My interest in Al Gore's pronouncements could fit into a gnat's navel & still leave room for a Liberal's sense of humor.— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) May 7, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week