- I'd like to buy an "oh" May 20
Hollywood celebrities often use their platforms to discuss the political issues they care about — but what about the marginal celebrities that haunt daytime television? Last night, Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajak took to Twitter to say that anyone who believes in global warming is an unpatriotic racist:
I now believe global warming alarmists are unpatriotic racists knowingly misleading for their own ends. Good night.— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) May 20, 2014
Harsh words — but this isn't the first time Sajak has used his Twitter feed to mock those who believe in climate change:
The world would be such a wonderful place without human beings. Just animals breathing clean air & eating each other.— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) May 12, 2014
Very hot weather: "We're all going to die!" Very cold weather: "There's a difference between climate & weather, moron!"— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) May 11, 2014
My interest in Al Gore's pronouncements could fit into a gnat's navel & still leave room for a Liberal's sense of humor.— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) May 7, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week