- Let it go May 20
With well over $1.2 billion in box-office grosses alone, Disney's Frozen is an unstoppable phenomenon — but the company has been surprisingly low-key about spinning the hit animated film into the kind of cross-platform franchise on which it has thrived for decades.
But Disney can't hold back anymore. On Tuesday, it announced what is literally the most obvious extension of the Frozen brand: Frozen on ice, a show that will tour around the United States from September 2014 to March 2015. Tickets are already available; if your lifelong quota for "Let It Go" somehow hasn't been sated already, you can buy them here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 innovative uses for baking soda
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
Subscribe to the Week