- survey says May 20
You might have thought this for a while, but it's finally official: there's nothing we loathe more than dealing with our cable or internet providers. A new survey from the American Customer Satisfaction Index, which asked 70,000 people about their overall satisfaction with several communications companies, found that internet and cable providers ranked dead last in terms of satisfaction.
Only 65 percent of those polled were satisfied with their cable companies, a decline of 4.4 percent since last year. Internet companies fared worse, with 63 percent of people reporting they were satisfied with their service — that's a decline of 3 percent since last year. Fiber-optic and satellite companies, like Verizon's FiOS and DirecTV, scored the highest in terms of satisfaction.
Time Warner and Comcast, who are seeking a merger, ranked last for both television and internet companies. Head over to Quartz to see more from the survey.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week