- World Cup May 20
Not even soccer legend Pele is excited for next month's FIFA World Cup in Brazil. The country's most celebrated athlete recently told a German magazine that he's disgusted with Brazil's lack of preparedness for global spectacle.
"The political situation is difficult. The situation worries me," he told Sport Blid. "There has been sufficient time to bring the stadiums to completion. It's unacceptable. It's a disgrace."
Several of the stadiums have been steeped in construction delays, with three of 12 not even being completed yet. The World Cup is slated to kick off June 12.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week