- World Cup May 20
Not even soccer legend Pele is excited for next month's FIFA World Cup in Brazil. The country's most celebrated athlete recently told a German magazine that he's disgusted with Brazil's lack of preparedness for global spectacle.
"The political situation is difficult. The situation worries me," he told Sport Blid. "There has been sufficient time to bring the stadiums to completion. It's unacceptable. It's a disgrace."
Several of the stadiums have been steeped in construction delays, with three of 12 not even being completed yet. The World Cup is slated to kick off June 12.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
Subscribe to the Week