- The kids are not alright May 20
Miley Cyrus has given Morrissey another reason to mope. During a gig in Belfast on Monday, the dada experiment and noted twerkaholic took a break from her usual antics to cover The Smiths' gloomy ballad, "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out." Though the rendition is a little better than Cyrus' attempts at Beatles classics, that's a fairly low bar to clear.
And amid all the low-register warbling and glitter and neon lights there was, of course, a tongue-thrusting selfie. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week