- The kids are not alright May 20
Miley Cyrus has given Morrissey another reason to mope. During a gig in Belfast on Monday, the dada experiment and noted twerkaholic took a break from her usual antics to cover The Smiths' gloomy ballad, "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out." Though the rendition is a little better than Cyrus' attempts at Beatles classics, that's a fairly low bar to clear.
And amid all the low-register warbling and glitter and neon lights there was, of course, a tongue-thrusting selfie. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
When Americans banned Christmas
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week