- The kids are not alright May 20
Miley Cyrus has given Morrissey another reason to mope. During a gig in Belfast on Monday, the dada experiment and noted twerkaholic took a break from her usual antics to cover The Smiths' gloomy ballad, "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out." Though the rendition is a little better than Cyrus' attempts at Beatles classics, that's a fairly low bar to clear.
And amid all the low-register warbling and glitter and neon lights there was, of course, a tongue-thrusting selfie. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
Subscribe to the Week