- The kids are not alright May 20
Miley Cyrus has given Morrissey another reason to mope. During a gig in Belfast on Monday, the dada experiment and noted twerkaholic took a break from her usual antics to cover The Smiths' gloomy ballad, "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out." Though the rendition is a little better than Cyrus' attempts at Beatles classics, that's a fairly low bar to clear.
And amid all the low-register warbling and glitter and neon lights there was, of course, a tongue-thrusting selfie. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week