- Awkward May 20
Count the painfully awkward hugs and high fives as Minnesota officials celebrate hosting the Super Bowl
The NFL on Tuesday announced that Minnesota will host the 2018 Super Bowl, and the reaction from the host committee was an uncomfortable mix of "are we high-fiving or hugging of both!?" exuberance punctuated by some screeching "woos!" --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
Most Popular Speed Reads
Speed Reads is TheWeek.com's continuously updated collection of the most interesting, important, and trending things on the internet – delivered with concision, intelligence, and wit. Contact us at email@example.com.
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week