- Awkward May 20
Count the painfully awkward hugs and high fives as Minnesota officials celebrate hosting the Super Bowl
The NFL on Tuesday announced that Minnesota will host the 2018 Super Bowl, and the reaction from the host committee was an uncomfortable mix of "are we high-fiving or hugging of both!?" exuberance punctuated by some screeching "woos!" --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
Most Popular Speed Reads
Speed Reads is TheWeek.com's continuously updated collection of the most interesting, important, and trending things on the internet – delivered with concision, intelligence, and wit. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week