- Awkward May 20
Count the painfully awkward hugs and high fives as Minnesota officials celebrate hosting the Super Bowl
The NFL on Tuesday announced that Minnesota will host the 2018 Super Bowl, and the reaction from the host committee was an uncomfortable mix of "are we high-fiving or hugging of both!?" exuberance punctuated by some screeching "woos!" --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
Most Popular Speed Reads
Speed Reads is TheWeek.com's continuously updated collection of the most interesting, important, and trending things on the internet – delivered with concision, intelligence, and wit. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week