- Awkward May 20
Count the painfully awkward hugs and high fives as Minnesota officials celebrate hosting the Super Bowl
The NFL on Tuesday announced that Minnesota will host the 2018 Super Bowl, and the reaction from the host committee was an uncomfortable mix of "are we high-fiving or hugging of both!?" exuberance punctuated by some screeching "woos!" --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
Most Popular Speed Reads
Speed Reads is TheWeek.com's continuously updated collection of the most interesting, important, and trending things on the internet – delivered with concision, intelligence, and wit. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- Will the Higgs Boson destroy the universe in a cosmic death bubble?
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week