- Clap Along May 20
Iran is not a very "Happy" place, AFP reports, with the news that police have arrested six people for posting a video to YouTube in which they danced to the hit song by Pharrell Williams.
The video, titled "Happy We are from Tehran," featured three young men and three young women all dancing together.
"After a vulgar clip which hurt public chastity was released in cyberspace, police decided to identify those involved in making that clip," Tehran police chief Hossein Sajedinia was quoted telling the country's ISNA news agency. "Following a series of intelligence and police operations and after coordinating with the judiciary, all the suspects were identified and arrested." Sajedinia added that those arrested have all "confessed to their criminal acts."- - Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week