- Late Night Antics May 21
On Tuesday night's Late Show, David Letterman asked comedian Sarah Silverman about her apparent inclusion in school vocabulary materials:
Unsurprisingly, she isn't happy about being, quite literally, the textbook definition of "offensive." Silverman's comedy does aim to push buttons and boundaries, but as she notes, "Hitler, al Qaeda, Don Sterling" would have been more appropriate choices. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- In defense of family dinner
Subscribe to the Week