- Late Night Antics May 21
On Tuesday night's Late Show, David Letterman asked comedian Sarah Silverman about her apparent inclusion in school vocabulary materials:
Unsurprisingly, she isn't happy about being, quite literally, the textbook definition of "offensive." Silverman's comedy does aim to push buttons and boundaries, but as she notes, "Hitler, al Qaeda, Don Sterling" would have been more appropriate choices. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week