- Late Night Antics May 21
What will wipe out the human race? That's not a rhetorical question, but rather a focus of Tuesday night's Daily Show. Humans are better prepared for extinction, Jon Stewart said, not because we can prevent it but because, unlike the dinosaurs, we can see it coming.
The parts about how we could all die from pestilence (MERS), floods (melting glaciers), and disease (Shake Shack burgers at the Mets' stadium) are all good, but stay with the video until Stewart goes on a long, impassioned tirade against Philadelphia. His parting shot to Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg (who claims he got food poisoning from Citi Field's Shake Shack) is classic Stewart: "You don't want diarrhea? Well maybe you shouldn't come to a town named Flushing." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Stop calling the GOP the party of new ideas
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
Subscribe to the Week