- Late Night Antics May 21
What will wipe out the human race? That's not a rhetorical question, but rather a focus of Tuesday night's Daily Show. Humans are better prepared for extinction, Jon Stewart said, not because we can prevent it but because, unlike the dinosaurs, we can see it coming.
The parts about how we could all die from pestilence (MERS), floods (melting glaciers), and disease (Shake Shack burgers at the Mets' stadium) are all good, but stay with the video until Stewart goes on a long, impassioned tirade against Philadelphia. His parting shot to Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg (who claims he got food poisoning from Citi Field's Shake Shack) is classic Stewart: "You don't want diarrhea? Well maybe you shouldn't come to a town named Flushing." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Behind the newest attempt to get the Supreme Court to strike down affirmative action
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be charismatic, according to science
Subscribe to the Week