- Late Night Antics May 21
What will wipe out the human race? That's not a rhetorical question, but rather a focus of Tuesday night's Daily Show. Humans are better prepared for extinction, Jon Stewart said, not because we can prevent it but because, unlike the dinosaurs, we can see it coming.
The parts about how we could all die from pestilence (MERS), floods (melting glaciers), and disease (Shake Shack burgers at the Mets' stadium) are all good, but stay with the video until Stewart goes on a long, impassioned tirade against Philadelphia. His parting shot to Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg (who claims he got food poisoning from Citi Field's Shake Shack) is classic Stewart: "You don't want diarrhea? Well maybe you shouldn't come to a town named Flushing." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
Subscribe to the Week