- Late Night Antics May 21
What will wipe out the human race? That's not a rhetorical question, but rather a focus of Tuesday night's Daily Show. Humans are better prepared for extinction, Jon Stewart said, not because we can prevent it but because, unlike the dinosaurs, we can see it coming.
The parts about how we could all die from pestilence (MERS), floods (melting glaciers), and disease (Shake Shack burgers at the Mets' stadium) are all good, but stay with the video until Stewart goes on a long, impassioned tirade against Philadelphia. His parting shot to Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg (who claims he got food poisoning from Citi Field's Shake Shack) is classic Stewart: "You don't want diarrhea? Well maybe you shouldn't come to a town named Flushing." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The next pandemic
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week