- Late Night Antics May 21
What will wipe out the human race? That's not a rhetorical question, but rather a focus of Tuesday night's Daily Show. Humans are better prepared for extinction, Jon Stewart said, not because we can prevent it but because, unlike the dinosaurs, we can see it coming.
The parts about how we could all die from pestilence (MERS), floods (melting glaciers), and disease (Shake Shack burgers at the Mets' stadium) are all good, but stay with the video until Stewart goes on a long, impassioned tirade against Philadelphia. His parting shot to Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg (who claims he got food poisoning from Citi Field's Shake Shack) is classic Stewart: "You don't want diarrhea? Well maybe you shouldn't come to a town named Flushing." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Briefing: Offshore drilling and the environment
Subscribe to the Week