- Kids these days May 21
Police in Brooklyn arrested two boys, aged 9 and 12, for allegedly poisoning their teacher's water bottle on Monday with what she believes was rat poison. The kids were charged with reckless endangerment, assault, and criminal possession of a weapon, reports WNBC-TV.
The 62-year-old told the police about the incident after a classmate reportedly ratted the two boys out when she became nauseous. The teacher is expected to be okay. Cops are conducting tests on the bottle and say they don't yet know why the kids would have done it.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- California's epic drought
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week