- Kids these days May 21
Police in Brooklyn arrested two boys, aged 9 and 12, for allegedly poisoning their teacher's water bottle on Monday with what she believes was rat poison. The kids were charged with reckless endangerment, assault, and criminal possession of a weapon, reports WNBC-TV.
The 62-year-old told the police about the incident after a classmate reportedly ratted the two boys out when she became nauseous. The teacher is expected to be okay. Cops are conducting tests on the bottle and say they don't yet know why the kids would have done it.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week