- Kids these days May 21
Police in Brooklyn arrested two boys, aged 9 and 12, for allegedly poisoning their teacher's water bottle on Monday with what she believes was rat poison. The kids were charged with reckless endangerment, assault, and criminal possession of a weapon, reports WNBC-TV.
The 62-year-old told the police about the incident after a classmate reportedly ratted the two boys out when she became nauseous. The teacher is expected to be okay. Cops are conducting tests on the bottle and say they don't yet know why the kids would have done it.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week