- Kids these days May 21
Police in Brooklyn arrested two boys, aged 9 and 12, for allegedly poisoning their teacher's water bottle on Monday with what she believes was rat poison. The kids were charged with reckless endangerment, assault, and criminal possession of a weapon, reports WNBC-TV.
The 62-year-old told the police about the incident after a classmate reportedly ratted the two boys out when she became nauseous. The teacher is expected to be okay. Cops are conducting tests on the bottle and say they don't yet know why the kids would have done it.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- How one toxic boss can poison your entire office
Subscribe to the Week