- let the cat nap May 21
The cat that rose to instant fame for "rescuing" a small boy from a dog attack last week is nearing minute 15. Last night, Tara "threw" the first pitch at a Bakersfield Blaze baseball game. We're using the term throw very loosely, since it was actually the boy's father who tossed the ball while the cat appeared to suffer from a minor case of whiplash from the pitch.
See for yourself how humiliated the cat looks below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
Subscribe to the Week