- let the cat nap May 21
The cat that rose to instant fame for "rescuing" a small boy from a dog attack last week is nearing minute 15. Last night, Tara "threw" the first pitch at a Bakersfield Blaze baseball game. We're using the term throw very loosely, since it was actually the boy's father who tossed the ball while the cat appeared to suffer from a minor case of whiplash from the pitch.
See for yourself how humiliated the cat looks below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week