- Nature's Wonders May 21
A skilled animator on YouTube imagined what it would look like:
Pretty cool! According to Phil Plait, this is sped up quite a bit; the moon would take about five minutes to cross the sky. It's worth noting that if it were that close, we'd all be killed by earthquakes; tides would be 100,000 times stronger than they are now, and the sheer gravitational stress on the moon would rip it apart into Saturn-style rings.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week