- Freezing is the new clean May 21
Today, Levi's classic 501 jeans turn 104, and in celebration, the company is sharing some bold fashion advice. In an interview with Fortune Magazine, Levi's CEO Chip Bergh advised consumers to avoid the washing machine if they want to keep their denim looking sharp. Plus, Bergh added, it's a good way to protect the environment.
So how do you get rid of that smell? Reps for Levi's recently told Elle magazine that throwing your jeans in the freezer should do the trick! Freezing kills bacteria overnight, and as Bergh assured skeptics, he "has yet to get a skin disease or anything else." I'm all for getting a few wears out of my jeans and saving water, but this trend is starting to sound like Sheryl Crow's plan to beat climate change.- - Kaitlin Roberts
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
Subscribe to the Week