- bow to mittens May 21
That's the message coming from allies of the former presidential candidate, according to this BuzzFeed article on last night's Republican primary results, which featured establishment candidates routing their Tea Party challengers. Romney's endorsement and fundraising abilities were reportedly prized by the victors, and that's being touted as evidence that the former governor and private equity manager has a stronger following within his own party than his conservative opponents had claimed. BuzzFeed's McKay Coppins continues:
To fans of the former presidential nominee, Tuesday was evidence that Romney Republicanism is alive and well in today's GOP.
"I think Republicans are sick of losing," said Robert O'Brien, a Romney family friend who served as a foreign policy adviser to the campaign. "I think the Romney brand has had a real resurgence after the campaign, and a lot of Republicans realized, hey this guy was right about a lot of things, and they realize his endorsement carries significant weight." [BuzzFeed]
Romney 2016? Bueller?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week