- bow to mittens May 21
That's the message coming from allies of the former presidential candidate, according to this BuzzFeed article on last night's Republican primary results, which featured establishment candidates routing their Tea Party challengers. Romney's endorsement and fundraising abilities were reportedly prized by the victors, and that's being touted as evidence that the former governor and private equity manager has a stronger following within his own party than his conservative opponents had claimed. BuzzFeed's McKay Coppins continues:
To fans of the former presidential nominee, Tuesday was evidence that Romney Republicanism is alive and well in today's GOP.
"I think Republicans are sick of losing," said Robert O'Brien, a Romney family friend who served as a foreign policy adviser to the campaign. "I think the Romney brand has had a real resurgence after the campaign, and a lot of Republicans realized, hey this guy was right about a lot of things, and they realize his endorsement carries significant weight." [BuzzFeed]
Romney 2016? Bueller?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Stop hating on cyclists
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week