- bow to mittens May 21
That's the message coming from allies of the former presidential candidate, according to this BuzzFeed article on last night's Republican primary results, which featured establishment candidates routing their Tea Party challengers. Romney's endorsement and fundraising abilities were reportedly prized by the victors, and that's being touted as evidence that the former governor and private equity manager has a stronger following within his own party than his conservative opponents had claimed. BuzzFeed's McKay Coppins continues:
To fans of the former presidential nominee, Tuesday was evidence that Romney Republicanism is alive and well in today's GOP.
"I think Republicans are sick of losing," said Robert O'Brien, a Romney family friend who served as a foreign policy adviser to the campaign. "I think the Romney brand has had a real resurgence after the campaign, and a lot of Republicans realized, hey this guy was right about a lot of things, and they realize his endorsement carries significant weight." [BuzzFeed]
Romney 2016? Bueller?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week