- Close call May 21
A baby bear cub was trapped on a Canadian highway's concrete divider when its quick-thinking mother scooped it up and hauled it to safety. Good job, bear mom. Bad job, other cub who hopped on the barrier and almost spilled out into the road. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
Subscribe to the Week