- cable's hottest club is May 21
Bill Hader in #TrueDetectiveSeason2? Well, not quite. But the Saturday Night Live alum has signed a development deal with HBO to write and star in a new show. Few details have been revealed about the project, but it will (obviously) be a comedy series.
The comedian catapulted to stardom during his eight-year stint on SNL. He created a slew of memorable characters, including socialite Stefon, and perfected impressions of James Carville and Al Pacino. He also serves as a consulting writer for South Park on Comedy Central. The news was first reported by Deadline.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week