- Just a friendly wager May 21
The Boston Bruins did not come out of their series against Montreal's Canadiens well, and unfortunately for Beantown, the mayors of Boston and Montreal had put a light-hearted wager on the series: Losing city flies the other team's flag over its city hall, reported Deadspin.
So today, Boston honored that bet — sort of:
UPDATED: Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre actually sent the tiny flag to be used, but maybe after seeing it raised, he'll opt for a larger one if he wins the similar wager he entered into with New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, as the Rangers take on the Canadiens in the conference finals.
A flag is one thing, but challenging New York City to a battle of bagels? That "friendly wager" could get frosty in a hurry.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
Subscribe to the Week