- Just a friendly wager May 21
The Boston Bruins did not come out of their series against Montreal's Canadiens well, and unfortunately for Beantown, the mayors of Boston and Montreal had put a light-hearted wager on the series: Losing city flies the other team's flag over its city hall, reported Deadspin.
So today, Boston honored that bet — sort of:
UPDATED: Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre actually sent the tiny flag to be used, but maybe after seeing it raised, he'll opt for a larger one if he wins the similar wager he entered into with New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, as the Rangers take on the Canadiens in the conference finals.
A flag is one thing, but challenging New York City to a battle of bagels? That "friendly wager" could get frosty in a hurry.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week