- Just a friendly wager May 21
The Boston Bruins did not come out of their series against Montreal's Canadiens well, and unfortunately for Beantown, the mayors of Boston and Montreal had put a light-hearted wager on the series: Losing city flies the other team's flag over its city hall, reported Deadspin.
So today, Boston honored that bet — sort of:
UPDATED: Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre actually sent the tiny flag to be used, but maybe after seeing it raised, he'll opt for a larger one if he wins the similar wager he entered into with New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, as the Rangers take on the Canadiens in the conference finals.
A flag is one thing, but challenging New York City to a battle of bagels? That "friendly wager" could get frosty in a hurry.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week