- Just a friendly wager May 21
The Boston Bruins did not come out of their series against Montreal's Canadiens well, and unfortunately for Beantown, the mayors of Boston and Montreal had put a light-hearted wager on the series: Losing city flies the other team's flag over its city hall, reported Deadspin.
So today, Boston honored that bet — sort of:
UPDATED: Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre actually sent the tiny flag to be used, but maybe after seeing it raised, he'll opt for a larger one if he wins the similar wager he entered into with New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, as the Rangers take on the Canadiens in the conference finals.
A flag is one thing, but challenging New York City to a battle of bagels? That "friendly wager" could get frosty in a hurry.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week