- Ouch May 22
It sounds kind of nice to be Jennifer Lawrence: 23 and three Oscar nominations, as Seth Meyers pointed out on Wednesday night's Late Night. Except, Lawrence explained, she sort of took the partying a little too far at this year's Academy Awards. Her story starts out promising, with Brad Pitt and a swank after-party, but then goes south on the back porch of said after-party. How bad was it? Lawrence: "I look behind me while I'm puking, and Miley Cyrus is there, like, 'Get it together.'" So. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
- How ancient DNA is rewriting human history
- Is ISIS the worst threat facing America — or just the newsiest?
Subscribe to the Week