- Ouch May 22
It sounds kind of nice to be Jennifer Lawrence: 23 and three Oscar nominations, as Seth Meyers pointed out on Wednesday night's Late Night. Except, Lawrence explained, she sort of took the partying a little too far at this year's Academy Awards. Her story starts out promising, with Brad Pitt and a swank after-party, but then goes south on the back porch of said after-party. How bad was it? Lawrence: "I look behind me while I'm puking, and Miley Cyrus is there, like, 'Get it together.'" So. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: The One I Love
Subscribe to the Week