- Snowden! May 22
On Wednesday, blogger/writer Valerie D'Orazio, illustrator Dan Lauer, and Bluewater Productions released the Edward Snowden comic book you may or may not have been waiting for. Beyond: Edward Snowden is a biographical look at the NSA leaker and the real-life characters involved with or affected by his passing off of information about U.S. government spying. If you're a fan of comic books, as D'Orazio and Snowden are, or you think Glenn Greenwald is the most likely hero of this saga (as D'Orazio does), you can go out and pick up a copy today. There's a digital version, too, so if your hacking skills are good.... --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week