- busted May 22
Fox News anchor Gregg Jarrett was arrested Wednesday in a bar at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport. Police said the 59-year-old anchor appeared drunk and had refused officers' orders after they went to the Northern Lights Grill to investigate reports of an unruly, intoxicated man.
Jarrett was held for "obstruction of the legal process," according to the Star-Tribune, and remained in jail through Wednesday night. He serves as a weekend anchor for the Fox News Channel, but recently announced he would be taking some time off for "personal reasons." -- Jordan Valinsky
Update: Here's a statement from a Fox News spokesperson.
We were made aware late last night that Gregg Jarrett was arrested in Minneapolis yesterday and charged with a misdemeanor. He is dealing with serious personal issues at this time. A date at which Gregg might return to air has yet to be determined.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Surviving a plane crash
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
Subscribe to the Week