- busted May 22
Fox News anchor Gregg Jarrett was arrested Wednesday in a bar at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport. Police said the 59-year-old anchor appeared drunk and had refused officers' orders after they went to the Northern Lights Grill to investigate reports of an unruly, intoxicated man.
Jarrett was held for "obstruction of the legal process," according to the Star-Tribune, and remained in jail through Wednesday night. He serves as a weekend anchor for the Fox News Channel, but recently announced he would be taking some time off for "personal reasons." -- Jordan Valinsky
Update: Here's a statement from a Fox News spokesperson.
We were made aware late last night that Gregg Jarrett was arrested in Minneapolis yesterday and charged with a misdemeanor. He is dealing with serious personal issues at this time. A date at which Gregg might return to air has yet to be determined.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week