- busted May 22
Fox News anchor Gregg Jarrett was arrested Wednesday in a bar at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport. Police said the 59-year-old anchor appeared drunk and had refused officers' orders after they went to the Northern Lights Grill to investigate reports of an unruly, intoxicated man.
Jarrett was held for "obstruction of the legal process," according to the Star-Tribune, and remained in jail through Wednesday night. He serves as a weekend anchor for the Fox News Channel, but recently announced he would be taking some time off for "personal reasons." -- Jordan Valinsky
Update: Here's a statement from a Fox News spokesperson.
We were made aware late last night that Gregg Jarrett was arrested in Minneapolis yesterday and charged with a misdemeanor. He is dealing with serious personal issues at this time. A date at which Gregg might return to air has yet to be determined.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week