- busted May 22
Fox News anchor Gregg Jarrett was arrested Wednesday in a bar at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport. Police said the 59-year-old anchor appeared drunk and had refused officers' orders after they went to the Northern Lights Grill to investigate reports of an unruly, intoxicated man.
Jarrett was held for "obstruction of the legal process," according to the Star-Tribune, and remained in jail through Wednesday night. He serves as a weekend anchor for the Fox News Channel, but recently announced he would be taking some time off for "personal reasons." -- Jordan Valinsky
Update: Here's a statement from a Fox News spokesperson.
We were made aware late last night that Gregg Jarrett was arrested in Minneapolis yesterday and charged with a misdemeanor. He is dealing with serious personal issues at this time. A date at which Gregg might return to air has yet to be determined.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week