- No child left behind June 2
Her one-month-old baby must have been the "something new" Shona Carter-Brooks needed for her wedding this weekend in Tennessee.
Carter-Brooks posted pictures to her Facebook page showing infant daughter, Aubrey, somehow attached to the train of her wedding dress, nestled in the white fabric. The photo of mother dragging her baby down the aisle went viral online, with reactions ranging from, "What am I looking at?" to "This has to be Photoshopped, right?" to *blank stare* (actually, those all came from me).
Carter-Brooks turned to Facebook once more to defend herself, BuzzFeed says, stating that the baby was "awake" and "well secured" to the train. "The answer is we do what we want when we want as long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine," she wrote. "So keep ya mouths running for it was just that Exclusive and Epic enough we made top blog way from small town Ripley, TN and the social media doing what they do, TALK!!!!"- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week