- No child left behind June 2
Her one-month-old baby must have been the "something new" Shona Carter-Brooks needed for her wedding this weekend in Tennessee.
Carter-Brooks posted pictures to her Facebook page showing infant daughter, Aubrey, somehow attached to the train of her wedding dress, nestled in the white fabric. The photo of mother dragging her baby down the aisle went viral online, with reactions ranging from, "What am I looking at?" to "This has to be Photoshopped, right?" to *blank stare* (actually, those all came from me).
Carter-Brooks turned to Facebook once more to defend herself, BuzzFeed says, stating that the baby was "awake" and "well secured" to the train. "The answer is we do what we want when we want as long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine," she wrote. "So keep ya mouths running for it was just that Exclusive and Epic enough we made top blog way from small town Ripley, TN and the social media doing what they do, TALK!!!!"- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week