- No child left behind June 2
Her one-month-old baby must have been the "something new" Shona Carter-Brooks needed for her wedding this weekend in Tennessee.
Carter-Brooks posted pictures to her Facebook page showing infant daughter, Aubrey, somehow attached to the train of her wedding dress, nestled in the white fabric. The photo of mother dragging her baby down the aisle went viral online, with reactions ranging from, "What am I looking at?" to "This has to be Photoshopped, right?" to *blank stare* (actually, those all came from me).
Carter-Brooks turned to Facebook once more to defend herself, BuzzFeed says, stating that the baby was "awake" and "well secured" to the train. "The answer is we do what we want when we want as long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine," she wrote. "So keep ya mouths running for it was just that Exclusive and Epic enough we made top blog way from small town Ripley, TN and the social media doing what they do, TALK!!!!"- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The best books we read in 2014
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
Subscribe to the Week