- No child left behind June 2
Her one-month-old baby must have been the "something new" Shona Carter-Brooks needed for her wedding this weekend in Tennessee.
Carter-Brooks posted pictures to her Facebook page showing infant daughter, Aubrey, somehow attached to the train of her wedding dress, nestled in the white fabric. The photo of mother dragging her baby down the aisle went viral online, with reactions ranging from, "What am I looking at?" to "This has to be Photoshopped, right?" to *blank stare* (actually, those all came from me).
Carter-Brooks turned to Facebook once more to defend herself, BuzzFeed says, stating that the baby was "awake" and "well secured" to the train. "The answer is we do what we want when we want as long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine," she wrote. "So keep ya mouths running for it was just that Exclusive and Epic enough we made top blog way from small town Ripley, TN and the social media doing what they do, TALK!!!!"- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
Subscribe to the Week