- Late Night Antics June 2
John Oliver's HBO show Last Week Tonight appears to be convinced that Americans are either incurious or undereducated about the world outside the 50 states. And instead of delivering a stern lecture, Oliver seems determined to make America care through sheer force of humor and packaging. On Sunday's show, Oliver's helpfully named "Other Countries' Presidents of the United States" segment focused on Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott. Between the malaprops and other bumbling, this might just make you feel better about your leader, wherever you live. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week