- Late Night Antics June 2
John Oliver's HBO show Last Week Tonight appears to be convinced that Americans are either incurious or undereducated about the world outside the 50 states. And instead of delivering a stern lecture, Oliver seems determined to make America care through sheer force of humor and packaging. On Sunday's show, Oliver's helpfully named "Other Countries' Presidents of the United States" segment focused on Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott. Between the malaprops and other bumbling, this might just make you feel better about your leader, wherever you live. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week