- Late Night Antics June 2
John Oliver's HBO show Last Week Tonight appears to be convinced that Americans are either incurious or undereducated about the world outside the 50 states. And instead of delivering a stern lecture, Oliver seems determined to make America care through sheer force of humor and packaging. On Sunday's show, Oliver's helpfully named "Other Countries' Presidents of the United States" segment focused on Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott. Between the malaprops and other bumbling, this might just make you feel better about your leader, wherever you live. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week