- Late Night Antics June 2
John Oliver's HBO show Last Week Tonight appears to be convinced that Americans are either incurious or undereducated about the world outside the 50 states. And instead of delivering a stern lecture, Oliver seems determined to make America care through sheer force of humor and packaging. On Sunday's show, Oliver's helpfully named "Other Countries' Presidents of the United States" segment focused on Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott. Between the malaprops and other bumbling, this might just make you feel better about your leader, wherever you live. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Painting the universe's portrait
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week