- The Donalds June 3
On Monday night's Late Show, David Letterman asked Donald Trump if he knows fellow rich guy Donald Sterling. The answer is yes, kind of. "I do know him, yes," Trump told Letterman, before backtracking a bit. "I mean, I've seen him.... I don't know him well. He's turned out to be... not so hot — what a total disaster." Yet Trump was impressed that Sterling is walking away from owning the Los Angeles Clippers with $2 billion, when the team, in Trump's estimate, is worth maybe $900 million, tops. And that's a good point: Sterling is a national disgrace, but who's laughing now? Sterling, maybe. Trump, definitely. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week