- The Donalds June 3
On Monday night's Late Show, David Letterman asked Donald Trump if he knows fellow rich guy Donald Sterling. The answer is yes, kind of. "I do know him, yes," Trump told Letterman, before backtracking a bit. "I mean, I've seen him.... I don't know him well. He's turned out to be... not so hot — what a total disaster." Yet Trump was impressed that Sterling is walking away from owning the Los Angeles Clippers with $2 billion, when the team, in Trump's estimate, is worth maybe $900 million, tops. And that's a good point: Sterling is a national disgrace, but who's laughing now? Sterling, maybe. Trump, definitely. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Obama was right to give Cuba a 'full bailout'
Subscribe to the Week