- Awkward June 4
Annette Bosworth's South Dakota Senate campaign ended Tuesday with a loss in the GOP primary, a defeat made all the more humbling by the way Bosworth learned she'd lost: in a live interview on Fox News.
Host Megyn Kelly began the interview by noting that the Associated Press has just then called the race. Bosworth's cringe-worthy reaction: "Well, that's news to me. I didn't know that." It only got more uncomfortable from there. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- Confronting our twisted relationship with food
Subscribe to the Week