- Awkward June 4
Annette Bosworth's South Dakota Senate campaign ended Tuesday with a loss in the GOP primary, a defeat made all the more humbling by the way Bosworth learned she'd lost: in a live interview on Fox News.
Host Megyn Kelly began the interview by noting that the Associated Press has just then called the race. Bosworth's cringe-worthy reaction: "Well, that's news to me. I didn't know that." It only got more uncomfortable from there. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week