- Awkward June 4
Annette Bosworth's South Dakota Senate campaign ended Tuesday with a loss in the GOP primary, a defeat made all the more humbling by the way Bosworth learned she'd lost: in a live interview on Fox News.
Host Megyn Kelly began the interview by noting that the Associated Press has just then called the race. Bosworth's cringe-worthy reaction: "Well, that's news to me. I didn't know that." It only got more uncomfortable from there. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why the rise of cosplay is a bad sign for the U.S. economy
Subscribe to the Week