- Awkward June 4
Annette Bosworth's South Dakota Senate campaign ended Tuesday with a loss in the GOP primary, a defeat made all the more humbling by the way Bosworth learned she'd lost: in a live interview on Fox News.
Host Megyn Kelly began the interview by noting that the Associated Press has just then called the race. Bosworth's cringe-worthy reaction: "Well, that's news to me. I didn't know that." It only got more uncomfortable from there. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Why we gossip, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week