- nightmare fuel June 9
Talk about the true tower of terror.
A video uploaded over the weekend to YouTube shows a man trapped inside a malfunctioning elevator that skyrockets more than 30 floors in 15 seconds before crashing into the building's roof.
The surveillance footage, which was taken from a building in Chile, shows the panicked man hitting the elevator's buttons in an attempt to stop the out-of-control lift. He sustained head and leg injuries from the accident.
The building opened less than a year ago, and it's not yet known what caused the elevator to malfunction. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- As deadly skin cancer rates keep climbing, surgeon general says to stop tanning and wear sunscreen
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Twin Peaks: What the newly revealed 'missing pieces' change about the series
Subscribe to the Week