- nightmare fuel June 9
Talk about the true tower of terror.
A video uploaded over the weekend to YouTube shows a man trapped inside a malfunctioning elevator that skyrockets more than 30 floors in 15 seconds before crashing into the building's roof.
The surveillance footage, which was taken from a building in Chile, shows the panicked man hitting the elevator's buttons in an attempt to stop the out-of-control lift. He sustained head and leg injuries from the accident.
The building opened less than a year ago, and it's not yet known what caused the elevator to malfunction. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
Subscribe to the Week