- nightmare fuel June 9
Talk about the true tower of terror.
A video uploaded over the weekend to YouTube shows a man trapped inside a malfunctioning elevator that skyrockets more than 30 floors in 15 seconds before crashing into the building's roof.
The surveillance footage, which was taken from a building in Chile, shows the panicked man hitting the elevator's buttons in an attempt to stop the out-of-control lift. He sustained head and leg injuries from the accident.
The building opened less than a year ago, and it's not yet known what caused the elevator to malfunction. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week