- Say what? June 9
Rep. Jeff Miller (R-Fla.) on Monday pooh-poohed the notion that humans are causing climate change, saying in an interview on MSNBC that the theory makes no sense given the extinction of the dinosaurs.
After Miller expressed skepticism about whether climate change itself was even a real threat, host Richard Lui asked him about the key "man-made" distinction. (Many on the right accept climate change but deny humans are to blame for it.) Miller's response: "Then why did the dinosaurs go extinct? Were there men that were causing — were there cars running around at that point, that were causing global warming?"--Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week