- Say what? June 9
Rep. Jeff Miller (R-Fla.) on Monday pooh-poohed the notion that humans are causing climate change, saying in an interview on MSNBC that the theory makes no sense given the extinction of the dinosaurs.
After Miller expressed skepticism about whether climate change itself was even a real threat, host Richard Lui asked him about the key "man-made" distinction. (Many on the right accept climate change but deny humans are to blame for it.) Miller's response: "Then why did the dinosaurs go extinct? Were there men that were causing — were there cars running around at that point, that were causing global warming?"--Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week