- Say what? June 9
Rep. Jeff Miller (R-Fla.) on Monday pooh-poohed the notion that humans are causing climate change, saying in an interview on MSNBC that the theory makes no sense given the extinction of the dinosaurs.
After Miller expressed skepticism about whether climate change itself was even a real threat, host Richard Lui asked him about the key "man-made" distinction. (Many on the right accept climate change but deny humans are to blame for it.) Miller's response: "Then why did the dinosaurs go extinct? Were there men that were causing — were there cars running around at that point, that were causing global warming?"--Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
Subscribe to the Week