- Say what? June 9
Rep. Jeff Miller (R-Fla.) on Monday pooh-poohed the notion that humans are causing climate change, saying in an interview on MSNBC that the theory makes no sense given the extinction of the dinosaurs.
After Miller expressed skepticism about whether climate change itself was even a real threat, host Richard Lui asked him about the key "man-made" distinction. (Many on the right accept climate change but deny humans are to blame for it.) Miller's response: "Then why did the dinosaurs go extinct? Were there men that were causing — were there cars running around at that point, that were causing global warming?"--Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The militarization of America’s police
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week