- Yesssssss June 10
It has been 10 years since Napoleon Dynamite was released (gosh!), and to celebrate, the cast got together for a shindig that included the unveiling of a flippin' sweet Napoleon statue on the 20th Century Fox Studios lot in Los Angeles.
During what was probably the greatest celebration of all time (like anyone could even know that), Jon Heder (Napoleon), Tina Majorino (Deb), Efren Ramirez (Pedro), Shondrella Avery (Lafawnduh), Sandy Martin (Grandma), Diedrich Baker (Rex), and Haylie Duff (Summer) gathered at the studio to visit with Tina the llama, make some of Deb's crafts, and eat all the tots they wanted. Before you say "What the heck are you even talking about?" head over to the Official Napoleon Dynamite Facebook page for party photos.
The cast also made time for photos with the statue, which features a "Vote for Pedro" shirt and the same moon boots that Napoleon wore when he used his skills to dance into our hearts all those years ago. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week