- Yesssssss June 10
It has been 10 years since Napoleon Dynamite was released (gosh!), and to celebrate, the cast got together for a shindig that included the unveiling of a flippin' sweet Napoleon statue on the 20th Century Fox Studios lot in Los Angeles.
During what was probably the greatest celebration of all time (like anyone could even know that), Jon Heder (Napoleon), Tina Majorino (Deb), Efren Ramirez (Pedro), Shondrella Avery (Lafawnduh), Sandy Martin (Grandma), Diedrich Baker (Rex), and Haylie Duff (Summer) gathered at the studio to visit with Tina the llama, make some of Deb's crafts, and eat all the tots they wanted. Before you say "What the heck are you even talking about?" head over to the Official Napoleon Dynamite Facebook page for party photos.
The cast also made time for photos with the statue, which features a "Vote for Pedro" shirt and the same moon boots that Napoleon wore when he used his skills to dance into our hearts all those years ago. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
- The week's best photojournalism
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week