- Yesssssss June 10
It has been 10 years since Napoleon Dynamite was released (gosh!), and to celebrate, the cast got together for a shindig that included the unveiling of a flippin' sweet Napoleon statue on the 20th Century Fox Studios lot in Los Angeles.
During what was probably the greatest celebration of all time (like anyone could even know that), Jon Heder (Napoleon), Tina Majorino (Deb), Efren Ramirez (Pedro), Shondrella Avery (Lafawnduh), Sandy Martin (Grandma), Diedrich Baker (Rex), and Haylie Duff (Summer) gathered at the studio to visit with Tina the llama, make some of Deb's crafts, and eat all the tots they wanted. Before you say "What the heck are you even talking about?" head over to the Official Napoleon Dynamite Facebook page for party photos.
The cast also made time for photos with the statue, which features a "Vote for Pedro" shirt and the same moon boots that Napoleon wore when he used his skills to dance into our hearts all those years ago. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
Subscribe to the Week