- Watch this June 11
Most people would rather do anything else than spend the night in an airport, but after being moved at the last minute to a 6 a.m. flight, Richard Dunn made the best of his situation. With Las Vegas' McCarran International Airport basically deserted, he turned it into his own music video set, and taped himself lip-synching Celine Dion's "All by Myself" while riding the escalators and moving walkways and even rolling around on the airport floor.
In the comments section of his Vimeo page, Dunn said that a ticket-counter employee gave him a roll of luggage tape before she left the airport. He taped his iPhone to a tall pole on the back of a wheelchair, and put it on a moving walkway for a dolly shot. He also taped the iPhone to a handle on his computer bag; to get the right angle, he would put different items under the bag. Escalator shots proved a little more difficult, because, he said, "I had to sprint up the steps after I got my shot so the computer bag didn't hit the top and fall back down. Quite fun!" Watch Dunn's impressive video below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week