- Watch this June 11
Most people would rather do anything else than spend the night in an airport, but after being moved at the last minute to a 6 a.m. flight, Richard Dunn made the best of his situation. With Las Vegas' McCarran International Airport basically deserted, he turned it into his own music video set, and taped himself lip-synching Celine Dion's "All by Myself" while riding the escalators and moving walkways and even rolling around on the airport floor.
In the comments section of his Vimeo page, Dunn said that a ticket-counter employee gave him a roll of luggage tape before she left the airport. He taped his iPhone to a tall pole on the back of a wheelchair, and put it on a moving walkway for a dolly shot. He also taped the iPhone to a handle on his computer bag; to get the right angle, he would put different items under the bag. Escalator shots proved a little more difficult, because, he said, "I had to sprint up the steps after I got my shot so the computer bag didn't hit the top and fall back down. Quite fun!" Watch Dunn's impressive video below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Why we gossip, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week