- Watch this June 11
Most people would rather do anything else than spend the night in an airport, but after being moved at the last minute to a 6 a.m. flight, Richard Dunn made the best of his situation. With Las Vegas' McCarran International Airport basically deserted, he turned it into his own music video set, and taped himself lip-synching Celine Dion's "All by Myself" while riding the escalators and moving walkways and even rolling around on the airport floor.
In the comments section of his Vimeo page, Dunn said that a ticket-counter employee gave him a roll of luggage tape before she left the airport. He taped his iPhone to a tall pole on the back of a wheelchair, and put it on a moving walkway for a dolly shot. He also taped the iPhone to a handle on his computer bag; to get the right angle, he would put different items under the bag. Escalator shots proved a little more difficult, because, he said, "I had to sprint up the steps after I got my shot so the computer bag didn't hit the top and fall back down. Quite fun!" Watch Dunn's impressive video below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
Subscribe to the Week