- chelsea hately June 11
Exiting E! host Chelsea Handler said she made the decision to quit her nightly talk show because she hated what she was doing — namely, talking to celebrities.
In an interview with Britain's Daily Mail, the comedian called her seven years at the network "fantastic," but said she is tired of literally keeping up with the Kardashians (and others). "To be quite honest I don't really care about Justin Bieber and I don't want to talk about him anymore," she said. "In order to make that happen I had to just stop doing my show. Straight away."
She added that she would announce her next gig in the next two weeks. However, she won't be taking over Craig Ferguson's spot at The Late Late Show. "I'm not doing CBS Late Late. Anything being rumored is not what I'm doing. I'm going to do a show. It will be a refresh situation, a little bit more mindful and a little bit more interesting for me and my viewers."
The 39-year-old's last show will end in late August. After that, E! plans to plug the 11 p.m. slot with even more E! News.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
Subscribe to the Week