- chelsea hately June 11
Exiting E! host Chelsea Handler said she made the decision to quit her nightly talk show because she hated what she was doing — namely, talking to celebrities.
In an interview with Britain's Daily Mail, the comedian called her seven years at the network "fantastic," but said she is tired of literally keeping up with the Kardashians (and others). "To be quite honest I don't really care about Justin Bieber and I don't want to talk about him anymore," she said. "In order to make that happen I had to just stop doing my show. Straight away."
She added that she would announce her next gig in the next two weeks. However, she won't be taking over Craig Ferguson's spot at The Late Late Show. "I'm not doing CBS Late Late. Anything being rumored is not what I'm doing. I'm going to do a show. It will be a refresh situation, a little bit more mindful and a little bit more interesting for me and my viewers."
The 39-year-old's last show will end in late August. After that, E! plans to plug the 11 p.m. slot with even more E! News.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week