- chelsea hately June 11
Exiting E! host Chelsea Handler said she made the decision to quit her nightly talk show because she hated what she was doing — namely, talking to celebrities.
In an interview with Britain's Daily Mail, the comedian called her seven years at the network "fantastic," but said she is tired of literally keeping up with the Kardashians (and others). "To be quite honest I don't really care about Justin Bieber and I don't want to talk about him anymore," she said. "In order to make that happen I had to just stop doing my show. Straight away."
She added that she would announce her next gig in the next two weeks. However, she won't be taking over Craig Ferguson's spot at The Late Late Show. "I'm not doing CBS Late Late. Anything being rumored is not what I'm doing. I'm going to do a show. It will be a refresh situation, a little bit more mindful and a little bit more interesting for me and my viewers."
The 39-year-old's last show will end in late August. After that, E! plans to plug the 11 p.m. slot with even more E! News.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
Subscribe to the Week