- Playing politics June 12
Hillary Clinton had a tense exchange with Terry Gross, host of NPR's Fresh Air, today, over her evolution on the issue of gay marriage. Things got especially heated when Gross insinuated that Clinton's view of gay marriage "evolved" for political reasons:
GROSS: "I'm just trying to clarify so I can understand — "
CLINTON: "No, I don't think you are trying to clarify. I think you are trying to say that I used to be opposed and now I am in favor and I did it for political reasons. And that's just flat wrong. So let me just state what I feel like I think you are implying and repudiate it. I have a strong record. I have a great commitment to this issue and I am proud of what I've done and the progress were making."
Listen to the clip in full below. --Matt K. Lewis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week