- Playing politics June 12
Hillary Clinton had a tense exchange with Terry Gross, host of NPR's Fresh Air, today, over her evolution on the issue of gay marriage. Things got especially heated when Gross insinuated that Clinton's view of gay marriage "evolved" for political reasons:
GROSS: "I'm just trying to clarify so I can understand — "
CLINTON: "No, I don't think you are trying to clarify. I think you are trying to say that I used to be opposed and now I am in favor and I did it for political reasons. And that's just flat wrong. So let me just state what I feel like I think you are implying and repudiate it. I have a strong record. I have a great commitment to this issue and I am proud of what I've done and the progress were making."
Listen to the clip in full below. --Matt K. Lewis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week