- Playing politics June 12
Hillary Clinton had a tense exchange with Terry Gross, host of NPR's Fresh Air, today, over her evolution on the issue of gay marriage. Things got especially heated when Gross insinuated that Clinton's view of gay marriage "evolved" for political reasons:
GROSS: "I'm just trying to clarify so I can understand — "
CLINTON: "No, I don't think you are trying to clarify. I think you are trying to say that I used to be opposed and now I am in favor and I did it for political reasons. And that's just flat wrong. So let me just state what I feel like I think you are implying and repudiate it. I have a strong record. I have a great commitment to this issue and I am proud of what I've done and the progress were making."
Listen to the clip in full below. --Matt K. Lewis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why I got married — without a wedding
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to improve your workplace culture
- Why the Rubio-Lee tax plan is great politics — and great policy
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week