- Playing politics June 12
Hillary Clinton had a tense exchange with Terry Gross, host of NPR's Fresh Air, today, over her evolution on the issue of gay marriage. Things got especially heated when Gross insinuated that Clinton's view of gay marriage "evolved" for political reasons:
GROSS: "I'm just trying to clarify so I can understand — "
CLINTON: "No, I don't think you are trying to clarify. I think you are trying to say that I used to be opposed and now I am in favor and I did it for political reasons. And that's just flat wrong. So let me just state what I feel like I think you are implying and repudiate it. I have a strong record. I have a great commitment to this issue and I am proud of what I've done and the progress were making."
Listen to the clip in full below. --Matt K. Lewis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The militarization of America’s police
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
Subscribe to the Week