- The Daily Showdown June 13
Is it ever all right to discriminate? asked Jon Stewart on Thursday night's Daily Show. As a test case, Jason Jones talked with a panel of people who say they were maltreated simply for... wearing Google Glass. "Yes, it seems even in this day and age you can still be treated differently just because of how you look — wearing a $1,500 face computer," Jones intoned with mock seriousness. The key word is "mock."
Jones was skeptical, but after hearing the complaints from the "Glass Explorers," he conceded in a voiceover: "Maybe these iDouches were right. I couldn't know what they were experiencing until I walked in their shoes." Since $1,500 is a little steep, he made his own — and "I finally understood their pain," Jones said. Well, kind of. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week