- The Daily Showdown June 13
Is it ever all right to discriminate? asked Jon Stewart on Thursday night's Daily Show. As a test case, Jason Jones talked with a panel of people who say they were maltreated simply for... wearing Google Glass. "Yes, it seems even in this day and age you can still be treated differently just because of how you look — wearing a $1,500 face computer," Jones intoned with mock seriousness. The key word is "mock."
Jones was skeptical, but after hearing the complaints from the "Glass Explorers," he conceded in a voiceover: "Maybe these iDouches were right. I couldn't know what they were experiencing until I walked in their shoes." Since $1,500 is a little steep, he made his own — and "I finally understood their pain," Jones said. Well, kind of. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week