- The Daily Showdown June 13
Is it ever all right to discriminate? asked Jon Stewart on Thursday night's Daily Show. As a test case, Jason Jones talked with a panel of people who say they were maltreated simply for... wearing Google Glass. "Yes, it seems even in this day and age you can still be treated differently just because of how you look — wearing a $1,500 face computer," Jones intoned with mock seriousness. The key word is "mock."
Jones was skeptical, but after hearing the complaints from the "Glass Explorers," he conceded in a voiceover: "Maybe these iDouches were right. I couldn't know what they were experiencing until I walked in their shoes." Since $1,500 is a little steep, he made his own — and "I finally understood their pain," Jones said. Well, kind of. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week