- The Daily Showdown June 13
Is it ever all right to discriminate? asked Jon Stewart on Thursday night's Daily Show. As a test case, Jason Jones talked with a panel of people who say they were maltreated simply for... wearing Google Glass. "Yes, it seems even in this day and age you can still be treated differently just because of how you look — wearing a $1,500 face computer," Jones intoned with mock seriousness. The key word is "mock."
Jones was skeptical, but after hearing the complaints from the "Glass Explorers," he conceded in a voiceover: "Maybe these iDouches were right. I couldn't know what they were experiencing until I walked in their shoes." Since $1,500 is a little steep, he made his own — and "I finally understood their pain," Jones said. Well, kind of. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week