- Watch this June 13
Wes Anderson's latest film, The Grand Budapest Hotel, is coming to DVD and Blu-Ray on June 17, and a team of die-hard fans decided to celebrate its release with a LEGO model.
LEGO "master model builder" Ryan Ziegelbauer and his team of eight model builders spent 575 hours creating a replica of the hotel constructed exclusively from LEGO bricks. It's a fitting tribute to the beloved director, who's widely recognized for his elaborate sets and attention to detail.
The studio reports that more than 50,000 bricks from six different countries were included in the model, which weighs 150 pounds and is an astonishing seven feet tall. If you're in Los Angeles, you can see the model yourself — it'll be on display at The Grove mall on June 14 and 15.
Not in California? Watch the builders in action, as well as a few clips from the movie, below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
Subscribe to the Week