- Watch this June 13
Wes Anderson's latest film, The Grand Budapest Hotel, is coming to DVD and Blu-Ray on June 17, and a team of die-hard fans decided to celebrate its release with a LEGO model.
LEGO "master model builder" Ryan Ziegelbauer and his team of eight model builders spent 575 hours creating a replica of the hotel constructed exclusively from LEGO bricks. It's a fitting tribute to the beloved director, who's widely recognized for his elaborate sets and attention to detail.
The studio reports that more than 50,000 bricks from six different countries were included in the model, which weighs 150 pounds and is an astonishing seven feet tall. If you're in Los Angeles, you can see the model yourself — it'll be on display at The Grove mall on June 14 and 15.
Not in California? Watch the builders in action, as well as a few clips from the movie, below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week