- but is it paid? June 16
Malia Obama's summer job is probably a lot cooler than whatever yours was. The Wrap notes that the president's 15-year-old daughter has reportedly landed herself a sweet summer gig working as a production assistant on the upcoming CBS series Extant. The sci-fi thriller stars Halle Berry and is being produced by Steven Spielberg.
"[Malia] helped with computer shop alignments and the director also let her slate a take," a insider said.
Both CBS and the First Lady's spokesperson didn't respond to The Wrap's request for comment about the state of Malia's employment.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week