- who needs words June 17
With 250 new emoji on the way, soon we might not even need words in order to communicate.
It was announced on Monday that the fresh emoji will be added to the Unicode 7.0 standard update in July, USA Today reports. Finally, there's going to be a thermometer for when you need to let someone know they're hot, a man in a business suit levitating when you feel like confusing someone (why else would you use that one?), and a middle finger for when you just want to harass one (or all) of your siblings. Check out a list of the new emoji here.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week