- who needs words June 17
With 250 new emoji on the way, soon we might not even need words in order to communicate.
It was announced on Monday that the fresh emoji will be added to the Unicode 7.0 standard update in July, USA Today reports. Finally, there's going to be a thermometer for when you need to let someone know they're hot, a man in a business suit levitating when you feel like confusing someone (why else would you use that one?), and a middle finger for when you just want to harass one (or all) of your siblings. Check out a list of the new emoji here.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
Subscribe to the Week