- who needs words June 17
With 250 new emoji on the way, soon we might not even need words in order to communicate.
It was announced on Monday that the fresh emoji will be added to the Unicode 7.0 standard update in July, USA Today reports. Finally, there's going to be a thermometer for when you need to let someone know they're hot, a man in a business suit levitating when you feel like confusing someone (why else would you use that one?), and a middle finger for when you just want to harass one (or all) of your siblings. Check out a list of the new emoji here.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week