- who needs words June 17
With 250 new emoji on the way, soon we might not even need words in order to communicate.
It was announced on Monday that the fresh emoji will be added to the Unicode 7.0 standard update in July, USA Today reports. Finally, there's going to be a thermometer for when you need to let someone know they're hot, a man in a business suit levitating when you feel like confusing someone (why else would you use that one?), and a middle finger for when you just want to harass one (or all) of your siblings. Check out a list of the new emoji here.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week