- who needs words June 17
With 250 new emoji on the way, soon we might not even need words in order to communicate.
It was announced on Monday that the fresh emoji will be added to the Unicode 7.0 standard update in July, USA Today reports. Finally, there's going to be a thermometer for when you need to let someone know they're hot, a man in a business suit levitating when you feel like confusing someone (why else would you use that one?), and a middle finger for when you just want to harass one (or all) of your siblings. Check out a list of the new emoji here.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
Subscribe to the Week